January 16, 2018, 02:30:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for 2009 GAJR  (Read 14677 times)
Carl Mc
Volunteer

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »

"This section of the Forum if for the general public to tell us; the organizers and chairmen what you would like to see at the next GAJR. Give us your ideas! Keep in mind that everything cost money, and we do this for charity! If we spend to much, we won't be able to support our charity's.
 So have at it... don't be shy, we want to hear from YOU! 
Oh... If you have a special talent, connection, or business that may be able to offer GAJR something, please speak up. PM us if you like."

I haven't been to any of these rallys and don't know what was done, so if these ideas have already come up and aren't original, don't get mad.  Grin And I'm just thinking out loud, haven't really given this a lot of thought, just throwing some ideas out there for discussion

Idea # 1 - The way I see it, anything with "Great American" in the name should have some Great American food! I'm talking hot dogs and hamburgers. If a few people could bring grills from home, we (club members) could sell a hot dog, cold drink (Pepsi, Coke, Dew, whatever) and a bag of chips for maybe $2. And probably half of that would be 'profit', for charity. Have volunteers, each person could spend maybe an hour at the grille, someone else collects money, nobody gets burnt out. If this flies, I'll volunteer some time at the grille.

Idea # 2 - sell table space for vendors. If we're pushing for 600 Jeep's, I'm guessing that's over 1000 people showing up, that's a vendors paradise! Maybe have an area for vendors, and separate parking area for people who just want to throw a blanket on the ground and sell out of their trunks. There's lots of ways to do this, I'm just thinking out loud, the important think is, there will be a LOT of people with common interests, and I'm sure there's a number of vendors who would LOVE to rent a space there!

Idea # 3 - 50 / 50 raffle. No need to get technical on this, we all know what it is.

Idea # 4 - Vendor raffle - if the 'vendor space' idea flies, we could hit up each vendor to donate one item for a raffle. The benefit would be the vendor has this item displayed on a table all day, with the vendors name showing as "generously donating this item to support our club... blah.. blah...." you get the idea. We sell raffle tix on the items on display. It's all 'profit', all proceeds go to charity or to take care of the club overhead, however it works out.

What do you think?  Huh

smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »

Idea # 1 - The way I see it, anything with "Great American" in the name should have some Great American food! I'm talking hot dogs and hamburgers. If a few people could bring grills from home, we (club members) could sell a hot dog, cold drink (Pepsi, Coke, Dew, whatever) and a bag of chips for maybe $2. And probably half of that would be 'profit', for charity. Have volunteers, each person could spend maybe an hour at the grille, someone else collects money, nobody gets burnt out. If this flies, I'll volunteer some time at the grille.

the food vendor we had did amazing concidering we had close to 2000 people walking around, most wanted to eat between 11:00-2:00. they also kicked back almost $1000 after the day was over.

Idea # 2 - sell table space for vendors. If we're pushing for 600 Jeep's, I'm guessing that's over 1000 people showing up, that's a vendors paradise! Maybe have an area for vendors, and separate parking area for people who just want to throw a blanket on the ground and sell out of their trunks. There's lots of ways to do this, I'm just thinking out loud, the important think is, there will be a LOT of people with common interests, and I'm sure there's a number of vendors who would LOVE to rent a space there!

we had 9 or 10 vendors with spaces ranging from 20x20 to 20x60, all had to pay us for the space. most were happy with the day's take.

Idea # 3 - 50 / 50 raffle. No need to get technical on this, we all know what it is.

did it, not as sucsesfull as hoped.

Idea # 4 - Vendor raffle - if the 'vendor space' idea flies, we could hit up each vendor to donate one item for a raffle. The benefit would be the vendor has this item displayed on a table all day, with the vendors name showing as "generously donating this item to support our club... blah.. blah...." you get the idea. We sell raffle tix on the items on display. It's all 'profit', all proceeds go to charity or to take care of the club overhead, however it works out.

we had close to $5,000 in stuff to raffle off, all of it was donated. check out the sponsor list on the main site, those are the companys that donated stuff.

What do you think?  Huh

keep the ideas comming Wink

Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »

Carl, you are a genius!!!  Grin  Tongue I am seeing to it that all your suggestions are implemented next year.  Wink I hope your planning on being a volunteer next year and helping us with all this.

Thanks!

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Carl Mc
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

OK, OK, I have more ideas. I saw the discussion on shirts, but what about hats? Not sure if that was brought up.  Huh

Since this is an annual event, how about dashboard plaques to commemorate each year? Here's one place I found that can make them, there's probably hundreds of them.... http://www.dragonflyhouse.co.uk/plaques.html

But my favorite idea is GAJR license plate frames!  Grin And key rings. Same idea, commemorating the 2009 GAJR. Here's a link to a site I found, that can make this stuff... http://www.autoplates.com/

Oh yeah, same disclaimer as before, I'm the new guy here. If these ideas have already been done or mentioned by someone else, I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder, I'm just trying to help.  Tongue
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:26:46 PM »

All great ideas Carl, Some of this stuff we are or will be looking at. We do have to watch cost though, This is after all an event to raise money for the charity's, and have some fun. In 08 we gave Pen's and stickers to commemorate the event, that will most likely change this up coming year. I do like the idea of dash plaques, there also pretty cheap.

Carl Mc
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »

All great ideas Carl, Some of this stuff we are or will be looking at. We do have to watch cost though, This is after all an event to raise money for the charity's, and have some fun. In 08 we gave Pen's and stickers to commemorate the event, that will most likely change this up coming year. I do like the idea of dash plaques, there also pretty cheap.

I was thinking of selling this stuff at the GAJR, not giving them away. Maybe a 'free' dash plaque for paying attendees, but other stuff could be sold, along with t-shirts and hats. (That's where the money is, t-shirts and hats). Maybe sell 2009 GAJR commemorative key chains and license plate frames. Every jeep has 2 plates, there's always a need for frames! Not sure what the cost would be and if they could be sold to turn a profit, but maybe they could
Da_Vinsta

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »

What about dash plaques? there always a nice item.In york pa they always have some very cool jeep pics etc on them.
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 09:42:15 AM »

What about dash plaques? there always a nice item.In york pa they always have some very cool jeep pics etc on them.
Defiantly something I want to look at. There cool to collect.

vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »

Nice the ideas are still rolling in. I like the dash plaque idea also.
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »

So..... in a TJ, if the airbag goes off in a street accident,
will the passenger have a " 90 yllaR peeJ RJAG"   imprint in their head?

schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »

If they stick it to their steering wheel yeah. Most people put them on their dash though Cheesy

Besides if it does happen at least they will remeber the next years Rally every time they look in the mirrior.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »

LMAO! That's funny right there!  Tongue

jeepjunkie69
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 07:57:09 AM »

I dont know if this was mentioned ...  How about a swapmeet area ??
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:10:03 PM by richlost » Logged

mightymeglet
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »

I can see it now,
-what is RJAG?
-I don't know my stupid friend crashed his Jeep and had a dash plate and now I have this scar.

Rich you crack me up!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: