January 20, 2018, 10:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did you enjoy the Rally?
Yes, It was great
Yes, It was OK
No, It sucked BIG...
Not really.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2008 Rally Poll  (Read 36856 times)
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »

Please vote above. Please be honest! Tell us what you liked or didn't like.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:47:34 PM by Scott Daigle » Logged

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »

I really thought it was great. Everything seemed very organized and I was impressed at how calm everyone was setting up and during the event today. It gets easier every year.  Smiley Kudos to taking something some of you weren't familiar with and doing so well that you set new records and goals to reach for the future!

Angel
Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

I think everything went very well.  I went to eat around 11:30 with the wife and kids and only waited in line for a few minutes. 

The booths could have been a little spaced out more.  As far as the BSJ booth, I might do a BSJ collage next year (like Bill Barnes did) and hang it off my Jeep.  We might want to put on more of a "display" to promote our club too (something to discuss at the meeting).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:48:01 AM by Zaedock » Logged

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:59:11 PM »

Entertainment: The DJ's musical spectrum is very narrow, I understand that he has to cater to everyone, but Aerosmith's Dream On was the only song that was played that is also on my Ipod.
Food: Not enough vendors, 20 minutes in line, twice, it was frustrating.
Raffle drawing procedure: The slowest 100 minutes (I skipped the 11am drawing) in Jeep history. I know it has to be done with some sort of method, but, it's the one part of the day that never seems to evolve.
Rock Garden: Best Ever! Mulitple lines, and lines of travel = WIN
RTI Ramps: More Ramps = more fun
I arrived at 10:15 and left after the last raffle at 3:15, 5 hours, but spent 2 hours and twenty minutes either standing in line or sitting around the raffle stage.

Overall I give it a 7.5 out of 10

smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:18:16 AM »

Did you ask the dj for something else? I'm sure he would have played some other stuff if requested.

As far as the food vendor, no one was sure how many people would show up at the rally this year, since it didn't happen last year. He brought the stuff to handle up to 1000 people. we had a record breaking year, 610 jeeps with an average of 3 per jeep. Plus the people who parked across the street. We are estimating over 2000 "people" came through the rally yesterday. He had to attempt to feed 2000 people between 11:00 and 2:00. I spoke to the food guy after it was over and he is bringing at least 2 more trailers next year, 1 ice cream, and another food booth. we also spoke about putting more than lemonaide for drinks, in the lemon.

Now for the raffles, we had 48 differant things to raffle off. Some of those were multipull items 2,3,4,10 things, over 100 tickets were pulled over 3 times. We are already talking about drawing every hour instead of only 3 drawings. The other option would be to get less and i don't think most people would like that.

We are glad you enjoyed the rest of the day. I don't think we did to bad since it was our first time running the rally.

We thank you for the feed back, both neg. and pos. The neg. will help us make it better next year.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:20:13 AM by smileyfish » Logged

MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »

The Rally was GREAT!

Music:  I didn't pay much attention to the Music myself.

Food:  The food line was ridiculous, but looks like that's going to be addressed for next year.

Raffles: My suggestion for the raffles, would be to pull and post them throughout the day.  We could get a large post-it pad and post them up at various times throughout the day, then people can stop by once in a while to see if they won anything.

I know for the 2nd raffle, many people were not there, (They were either on the garden, ramps, etc...)  so to have potentially missed a raffle item you really wanted because you were not STANDING RIGHT there RIGHT at that time BLEW!

I'd suggest pull a number and post it up... like the first raffle.   Or close the other events, do the raffle, then open the events again...

vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:46:23 AM »

This is exactly what we need. A key will be the number of posts about a particular item. If an item receives enough change it kinda posts maybe that will be looked at first. Richlost, I like the 7.5 out of 10 part really puts some perspective to your post and lets us know how close we will come to a 10 next year.
2cylshort

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

I thought the Rally was great. I helped set up the OSJ booth, a first for the club, and it went without a hitch. Any questions we had got answered pretty quickly by the staff, even had some come back a second time to check if things where good. That itself shows the staff people were on top of things. As for the raffle, I seemed to like the posting of the winning numbers on a board, it made it easier for myself to "check" without having to stand there and wait through all the various items etc.. I took a trip over to the concession stands, had to wait about 5 minutes or so, it didn't seem too bad but maybe timing was right???
Vendors were great with some free stuff and I picked up a couple things at a decent price too. I didn't get a chance to run the rocks or ramps but those seemed to be fine from a spectators view.
Thanks to all who made this happen!
Mark Dupont
Volunteer

This Space For Sale or Lease

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »

I as well agree the Rally was friggen awesome this year, EVERYONE stepped-up, pitxhed in and got it done without a hitch! I talked to all three State Police Officers at various times, they were wicked impressed with both the volume of vehicle & pedistrian traffic and how well managed everything was.

And as well, my only biatch was the raffles...

The Rally was GREAT!

Raffles: My suggestion for the raffles, would be to pull and post them throughout the day.  We could get a large post-it pad and post them up at various times throughout the day, then people can stop by once in a while to see if they won anything.

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center"
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »

I think for this being the first time a new group of people ran the event it went great!! I agree there was a few issues with the raffles and the food but those will be address for next year. As Mark said the food vendor already has a plan in place.

We did have a yellow board at the raffle pavilion that listed the winning number but we should let more people know that it was there.

Again great job to all the staff and thank you for all the feedback positive and negative, it really does help.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
gibbsnjeep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »

This was my very first Jeep event and I had a blast! So many cool people and Jeeps, great work!

As for next year the biggest thing I'd say I would like to see... shade! I was dying in the sun, I think I had a little sun stroke by the end of the day no foolin. We were sitting around for the raffle hiding under a little pine shrub for shade. Water coolers and tents scattered about would have been so nice.

Another thing that would have been cool would be a popular vote for all of the jeep competitions (best beater, best mod, etc). We spent a good part of the day checking out all of the great Jeeps and there was no way for us to participate. I think if you gave out a ballet and let everyone fill it out there would be even more excitement and participation for those competitions... just a thought.

The last idea I have was something I was hoping to see but didn't, it was my first event so I didn't know what to expect. A flea market or swap meet type of setup, a place for everyone to sell/trade their extra or used gear to other Jeepers... Would be cool to have a small area for everyone to trade and or sell parts and different Jeep stuff... we all have some why not pass it along to others. One mans junk is another mans treasure!

So thatís all I have for now, again great work I can't wait for the next event!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:06:02 AM by gibbsnjeep » Logged
MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »

We did have a yellow board at the raffle pavilion that listed the winning number but we should let more people know that it was there.

That was only for the first raffle.  With the second raffle if you were not RIGHT THERE AT RAFFLE TIME, you potentially lost out, as I understand if someone didn't come forward they called another number.
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »

Forums only been up to the public for about 14 hours and already some great feedback! Keep it coming!
Rest assured we're gonna brainstorm on the Raffle thing! We had so much to raffle we NEED to figure out how to streamline it. It will be taken care of!  Wink
FWIW, I usually complain myself at most of the events I go to about the raffle process. At one event in CT a few years ago, The train/jeep show I almost passed out, It was august and must have been 110* outside.

That was only for the first raffle.  With the second raffle if you were not RIGHT THERE AT RAFFLE TIME, you potentially lost out, as I understand if someone didn't come forward they called another number.

I actually think that was the last raffle. Unfortunately I don't think we had a choice unless we hold the stuff for next year. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:59:56 AM by Scott Daigle » Logged

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »

You are right Mark the first and second was posted, the last was a going once, going twice... type thing. And don't get me wrong I agree totally that we can improve the raffle. We will to, I am sure of it.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
billyjp2

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

reguardless of everything else, if you can get that many jeeps to show up its gonna be a good time
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: