January 16, 2018, 02:48:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did you enjoy the Rally?
Yes, It was great
Yes, It was OK
No, It sucked BIG...
Not really.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2008 Rally Poll  (Read 36792 times)
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »

I think the music was extremely well done for that type of event. It's very difficult to please everyone. I suppose the only other option would be to have a requests list prominently displayed on the stage next to the DJ table. Other than that, music is a real tough one to keep from displeasing some people while trying to please others.
That's why I got out of it. It's sometimes a tough job.

A request list, I use to do that at a skating rink I DJ'd at. The problem is some stuff they put on there you can't play (like thrash metal) (read:trash) and when they don't hear it they get pissed, back to square one...
Scott did a great job! and is more than welcome back next year.
Some may not know but the DJ, Scott, donated his time and skilz and equipment. AND drove over 2 hours to do it. He really deserves a thank you!

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 07:20:03 AM »

I think Scott kicked A$$.  One or two complaints out of two thousand means he's doing his job. 

Way to go, man!!!!

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »

Thanks guys!

zamp1
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 09:33:56 AM »

Had a great time!! Grin Whole family had fun volunteering and would do it again. Thanks to everyone!!!  Grin Grin
byker1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »

A couple of other thoughts:

about the music - I thought it was perfect.  It seemed like a good mix.  Not alot of what I would pick toi listen to personally, but It seem quite middle of the road and just fine.  My only suggestion would be more southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Charlie Danies, Alman Bros.) but I couldn't hear the music most of the day and maybe these were played.

It would be nice if the music could be heard in more places.  I recognize this is a logistics thing - just a thought.

When we set up for a motorcycle show, we preset the classes by area, then people can decide which class they want to be in.  Perhaps you could designate specific area for classes or Jeep models.  One way to do this ids to have different entrances depending on class/model.
CJ's & YJ's Enter Here
TJ's  & XJ's Enter Here
Military - Pre-1990 - Off-road Rigs Enter Here
ZJ's - Post-1990 Enter Here

Then the access to the designated area would be from that entrance.  This would work if the traffic were to enter the fair grounds from the far end of the fair grounds - Then traffic could queue up on the dirt road instead of in the street.

The price ($10 per Jeep) was too low, I would recommend $15.  And Spectators without Jeeps should have to pay a minimum fee ($3.00 per adult/$1.00 Children.)  Add a 50/50 ticket to each Giveaway and siphon off $1.00 from the gate to cover the ticket.  In the case of this year's rally, the 50/50 would have had over $600 in the pot.  You still would have $300+ from the 50/50 and someone would have gone home with over $300.

Just some more ramblings.

'85 CJ-7 Stock Height, 31" Michelin ATX, Fiberglass Body w/ Stainless Steel Hardware, 1978 258 6 cyl w/ Autolite 2100 Carburetor.  Dana 300 Xfer case with T-177 4 speed Transmission, solid rear axles.
MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »

The price ($10 per Jeep) was too low, I would recommend $15.  And Spectators without Jeeps should have to pay a minimum fee ($3.00 per adult/$1.00 Children.)  Add a 50/50 ticket to each Giveaway and siphon off $1.00 from the gate to cover the ticket.  In the case of this year's rally, the 50/50 would have had over $600 in the pot.  You still would have $300+ from the 50/50 and someone would have gone home with over $300.

Excellent idea...   I really like that.
drgonzo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »

I think the Rally was very well put together and run.  I had a great time.  To be honest, no offense to the DJ, but I was so busy looking around and talking to the vendors and people at the rally, that I didn't even really notice the music.  It would be great to see this get bigger, and maybe move towards a 2 day event.  Give people a reason to stay in the area and boost the economy a little bit.

As for charging people money to attend, I can understand that, and would have no problem paying a few bucks, but I would prefer to see kids get in for free.

I know space was limited, however I would have liked to see the Jeeps spaced out a little more instead of packed in so tight.  People like to take pictures, and check out other peoples Jeeps and how they are set up, and its hard to do when everybody is right up next to each other.
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

Again thank you for the comments. So far everything that has been mentioned is being talked about by the organizers and I am confident that there will be improvements. More will be said about that as the date for next year gets closer.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
kat
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »

Excellent idea...   I really like that.
I really like that to Smiley
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 03:01:54 PM »

Changing the admission price would need to be looked into very closely. This is one of the changes we would want to be careful with.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »

the thought of charging spectators came up this year, but with it not happening last year we wanted to make sure people would come.

with the sucsess of this one we are definately looking at our options.

Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »

Byker, We value your opinions and suggestions, You sound like you've done this before. If your interested in joining our team of organizers and/or Volunteers please send me a PM with your name and where your from and if your interested in helping.
For all the others who are already on the inside, please take this discussion to the Organizers section.  There are many ideas being thrown around and we don't want anyone to get the wrong impression by misunderstanding an idea by an organizer (that titlel is under your handle) as the way were gonna go.

Keep them suggestions coming!  Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

I was a little bit hampered on Sunday because Saturday right after I set up I blew up an amplifier channel. This year I had 3,000 watts to start although I ended up subbing a powered mixer with less power in for one main channel so call it 2,700 watts. By next year I will be at 6,000 watts and probably another set of speakers. Having said that it is a big place to try to fill with sound without having speakers distributed up on all the poles.
rroadkilll

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17:07 PM »

As for the raffle thing...

Maybe raffle off the smaller Items and have the last raffle be the BIG items... Just a thought as I was reading it...

Also... GREAT time!!!

TexsDream77

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »

I was very impressed with the turn out.  I know you had 600 Jeeps and parking is a problem.  But,  I was parked down near the entrance.  3 rows in on the left near the big inflatable Jeep.  Once parked, it was impossilbe to get out.  They had us packed in a little tight.  Not side to side but, front to front.  There wasn't enough room to swing my 4 door out to go play untill later when some others managed to get thier small 2 doors out first and give us some room.

As for next year.  My only suggestion seeing as how much room you have to work with and the machines there for setting up the rock garden already there.  How about a mud pit like they do in Brockton, MA.  I'm sure you could find a local vol. fire fighter that is into this to assist with flooding the pit.

Other than that.  Great Job to all that put this event together.

2008 JK Unlimited, 4" Superlift, Garvin Roof Rack, Rugged Ridge front bumper, Smittybilt 8000lbs winch, 33x12.5 Pro Comp X-Terrians on 16x8 Craggar 397's,  Home made Exhaust mod.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: