April 20, 2018, 05:30:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Did you enjoy the Rally?
Yes, It was great
Yes, It was OK
No, It sucked BIG...
Not really.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2008 Rally Poll  (Read 38200 times)
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »

I know you had 600 Jeeps and parking is a problem. They had us packed in a little tight.

Not next year! Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
DDewar53

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 07:22:50 AM »

Forums only been up to the public for about 14 hours and already some great feedback! Keep it coming!
Rest assured we're gonna brainstorm on the Raffle thing! We had so much to raffle we NEED to figure out how to streamline it. It will be taken care of!  Wink
FWIW, I usually complain myself at most of the events I go to about the raffle process. At one event in CT a few years ago, The train/jeep show I almost passed out, It was august and must have been 110* outside.

We did have a yellow board at the raffle pavilion that listed the winning number but we should let more people know that it was there.

That was only for the first raffle.  With the second raffle if you were not RIGHT THERE AT RAFFLE TIME, you potentially lost out, as I understand if someone didn't come forward they called another number.

I actually think that was the last raffle. Unfortunately I don't think we had a choice unless we hold the stuff for next year. 

Maybe for next year:

1.  Numbers are pulled and posted near the stage.

2.  Any prized unclaimed by a preset time (maybe 3:00 PM) will be re-drawn, must be present to win re-draw.

3.  Notify ticket purchasers of these rules at purchase

you'll still get a lot of complaints, but that seems a fair way to handle it.

If Obama's insane
you must vote for McCain!
Paraphrased from Johnny Cochran
Vishus1
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:02 AM »

I had a great time this was my first ever Jeep event I thought it was cool.
I would have more than one rock pile though if the room is available to do it.
a Hard section some of the rigs were built pretty good then a moderate easy section tied in together but jmo.
Yes the food line was a little long and that kind of sucked but hey you learn from it.
Raffle definately post the numbers if they are not claimed by 3:00 then it is put back in with the rest maybe even put back towards the next years raffle if not claimed.
I can't believe there were that many people there it didn't seem like it at all everyone was calm and cool no issues it was great.
One last thing, different color t-shirts for those "in charge" being new it was hard enough trying to remember who was who but to try and find them with the same color shirt was even harder LOL.
Thanks for letting me be a part of this I can't wait until next years.
Tina
LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

Byker

With respect to your comment: My only suggestion would be more southern rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Charlie Danies, Alman Bros.) but I couldn't hear the music most of the day and maybe these were played.

I did play all of the above, however I do think more Southern Rock would be a good idea. I would also play less country than I did and I think the country was what one person reffered to as the Lovey Dovey songs.

thanks for the comments.

Scott
Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »

Ok this is my first post here, but definately not my first rodeo with most any type of Jeep.

Here's my pic with the Best 2008 street Jeep so at least you'll all know what this old bastid looks like.

Now with that ugly pic of of the way here's my thoughts.

(1) The Raffle is just way too long period. It really doesn't matter to me how it's done in the future just not all at the end of the day.
(2) Divisions of vehicles would make the judging easier for some, take for instance most of the Military stuff was all together, that made it easy to look at.
(3) The "Mad" 9 AM rush....... why can't the vehicles enter earlier?
(4) What about a 2 day event? There is alot to do for just a 6 hour event.
(5) Now next year I'll be bringing the 1300 HP CJ. What class should that be in?
This year there really was no criteria listed although if I didn't win street I'd been angry LOL
(6) Some hand's on demonstrations would be neat. Aftermarket tuning? Oxy Acetylene Gas welding??
(7) I myself have been around the net, any questions?

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4504

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499414

Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »

(5) Now next year I'll be bringing the 1300 HP CJ. What class should that be in?

A class of it's own! Holly Cow! 1300HP! WOW. Why?  Shocked

Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »

I have 1300 HP too. 

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »

I have an HP printer
Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 05:06:58 AM »

A class of it's own! Holly Cow! 1300HP! WOW. Why?  Shocked

Well it's a long story, but it took a life of it's own like Frankensteins Monster LOL
One thing or idea launched another........

And I really want the big trophy next year, and the year after and then.......
angel

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:31 PM »

I think the country was what one person referred to as the Lovey Dovey songs.

That was me and I love Country but it seemed like there was a good portion of ballad-type songs from Faith Hill and others. It was good for the women and so as not to be sexist I am sure there were men who liked it too...lol Just seemed out of place for a motorized event. But everyone has different tastes.

Angel
ChrisH
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »

Thanks to all the folks that worked so hard to pull this event together.  I'm a new jeep owner, first year Bay State club member, and this was my first rally of any sort.  I had an excellent time and got a chance to meet a lot of great folks. 

Also, a special thanks to the DJ (Scott?) for his effort.  As a former DJ myself, I know how hard it can be to please such a diverse crowd.  Bravo.   

A little background, so you understand my perspective - my brother (also a jeep owner) and I volunteered and worked parking in the morning and the front gate through the early afternoon. 

Some suggestions:
1) Parking - it's been mentioned, but more space is needed. 
2) For Sale area - a number of folks asked about where to take thier "for sale" rigs and complained about having to park in out of the way place.   I'd suggest a "for sale" area similar to that set up for the "classic" rigs.   We could direct at the front gate, or put up signage...
3) T-shirts/hats or other event paraphernalia for sale.  I had a couple of folks ask about t-shirts and one guy offer to buy the (lime green "staff") shirt off my back.  I think we could make some bucks with a cool shirt/hat. 
4) More communication devices for the volunteers, and have some anchored at certain points - the gate, the "HQ" etc...I spent a fair amount of time walking around looking for someone with a radio.   
5) I like the shade suggestion I saw earlier.    It didn't occur to me that day, but by the time I left, I was cooked.   

Anyway, that's my 2cents.   Other than this...I'll throw my hat into the ring for next years event.   Organizers can reach me on this board or on the BSJ board with the same name (ChrisH).
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »

Welcome Chris and Thanks for your help. I added you as a volunteer.

Paul

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »

Bring back the ramp Nazi.   Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: