April 20, 2018, 07:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocks & Mud  (Read 11606 times)
MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »

Would we be able to add a mud pit next year?

or how about a mud/telephone pole lane?  Where you have poles spaced out on a semi muddy track.

Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:02:08 AM »

It would defiantly add to the spectator enjoyment.  Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
gibbsnjeep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »

Great idea! Would have enjoyed watching and participating!
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:16:01 PM »

Here are a couple issues I can think of.

We promote Tread Lightly. A bunch of muddy Jeeps pulling out doesn't look good.
Mud all over the grounds.
Many bog's I've been to are a bunch of yahoo's.
Another thing we need room for...

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Pat C
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

I agree with Scott.. Mud bog would be more work, mud everywhere, etc.

Which reminds me, I never did get to the lower area ... how did the blocks go?
Were they popular? Did alot of driver's try them?
grubby1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »

Unfortunatly the blocks broke on the first jeep that tried them @ 9:05am and we didn't have any hardware to put them back together.
Oh well we will try again next year.
We will definatly need more help next year to add them though.
johnsxj
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »

True about the blocks Sad  I'll have them reworked and ready to go for next year!
At least the ramp set up this year kept things moving quite well Cheesy
92YJeep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »

To me a mud pit would make the event more popular.  I am all about treading lightly, but a mud pit would just put the event over the top.  Also the grounds this year were a little tight.  It might be better to find a bigger area that can support more Jeeps and a mud Pit.  If there was over 500 Jeeps this year and that I believe was more than last year.  We all won't Fit. 
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »

I will let George comment about the mud pit but as far as parking last year we had a little over 620 Jeeps and they were all parked inside the fairgrounds. The field can hold roughly over 760 Jeeps so we should be ok for another year or two. Although if we are lucky maybe we will be over the 800 mark sooner than later. Only down side is finding a place near Somers that can hold that many Jeeps.

We do plan on spreading out the club and vendor tents next year. This year we were caught with some last minute things and the lack of all the food vendors we were going to get it made the Rally seem tight in some places and spread out in others.

Thank you though for the comments folks feedback is the only way we know what to improve on for this coming year.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

Mud pit not so condusive to the fair grounds, and even at another location we might have to deal with wetland issues and such. Not sure the larger area is that necessary as of yet, but hopefully we will outgrow what we have. Biggest problem with finding another place is that it could add some pretty heavy costs to run the rally. As it stands right now I get rocks hauled in.....free, I can leave them at the fair gounds and don't have to have them hauled out........free, I have access to all the equipment we need to move them, maintain them, and extract the stuck rigs.......free. There was plenty of room for overflow parking up in the main area as well as across the street. Not saying some sort of pit is totally out of the question but may not be feasible and time would be another issue. We worked on the rock area for a couple of days not counting the time for a triaxle to bring them in. Keep this stuff coming though, might hit on something that wouldn't be that hard to set up.
Bob Axle
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »

mud sucks. Wink
mrghostwalker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »

I agree with the idea of making it spectator friendly. Maybe if we could have the rock gardens in a straight line it would be easier for the spectators to see what is going on. As it was we could only watch the big rock garden and almost see the small garden - or the poles. If they were laid out differently we could stand closer to the one we wanted to see.
 I really think the mud pit would be hugely popular- but messy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: