January 20, 2018, 10:05:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swap meet?  (Read 19789 times)
billyjp2

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:54:06 AM »

i heard severaly people talk about how they would have liked to see a swap meet area where people could buy sell trade used parts
MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:49 AM »

I noticed several people doing that at their rigs...  maybe just allow them to do that, and advertise more that it's allowed?

It would certainly increase/promote traffic amongst all the parked jeeps more...

gibbsnjeep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »

I would have been all over that, I was hoping to see more for sale at the rally.
90XJay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »

I wasn't sure if it was allowed.  I was gonna bring all my extra parts to sell cheap. If it's allowed next year you bet I'll be bringing my extra parts

90 xj
33's n stuff
MasterDrazhar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:58:20 PM »

I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Not sure it was really,   just saw a few here and there...
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

As far as i know we did not have a rule saying you could not. However there may be an issue with the vendors. They may not like having a lot of used parts being sold when they are trying to sell their own items. Again this will be something we will look into and see if we can get it to work.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
MasterDrazhar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »

as a consumer, if someone wants a new part they will buy one even with 50 used ones available for less.

if they aren't in the market for a new one, they aren't going to buy new whether used ones are available or not.

that make sense?
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:37:16 PM »

No, because if I went looking for a new winch or set of wheels (new) and found them used in decent shape guess who wins. Swap meet should be a seperate thing.
billyjp2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »

then maybe organizing a jeep swap meet could be another money maker for you guys.
MasterDrazhar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »

Guess I'm just ODD, cuz if I wanted a new (new) winch, I would buy one NEW, even if there were 6 used for sale right next to it...

But if I wanted a winch (new OR used) and couldn't afford a NEW one, I'm not going to buy a NEW one even if there are NO used ones available.

Tongue
smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »

the problem i see with a swap meet is people leaving a junk axle and we have to get rid of it, or whatever they brought that they don't want to take home. if we could controll it better then it may be considered for next year.

LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »

What about setting up a swap meet area and allowing people to register for space, say $25 for a 10' x 10' space. We could have rules that each person is responsible for their space and cleaning up and removing anything not sold. We could have a couple of volunteers keeping an eye on things.
Mark Dupont
Volunteer

This Space For Sale or Lease

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 08:18:26 AM »

What about setting up a swap meet area and allowing people to register for space, say $25 for a 10' x 10' space. We could have rules that each person is responsible for their space and cleaning up and removing anything not sold. We could have a couple of volunteers keeping an eye on things.

Yup, charge $25.00 for the space plus a $25.00 "security deposit" refundable upon confirmation the space they occupied is in fact "void of junk"

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center"
Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 09:05:29 AM »

the problem i see with a swap meet is people leaving a junk axle and we have to get rid of it, or whatever they brought that they don't want to take home. if we could controll it better then it may be considered for next year.

I'd take it.  Problem solved.

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
MasterDrazhar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

I'd take it.  Problem solved.

+1  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: