April 20, 2018, 07:30:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swap meet?  (Read 20648 times)
jurassicjeep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 08:59:08 AM »

A swap section is a great idea... It's the one thing that always seems to be missing from things like this ... Mix it up together with vendors as they do at any flea market ....  As we all know , a flea market does work because people who are looking for new are going to buy new regardless of whats on the ground ...  Having the freedom to choose is what makes our country work
TJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »

I'd like to see a swap area also, but I don't think the jeep show area is the place for it, to hard to move parts in and out. Tom
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »

There has been an overwhelming amount of comments about a swap meet. The Rally is not the place for a swap meet at this time. However, let me ask this, I have a friend that owns a bar/restaurant in Somers and also owns a place where a swap meet would be very conducive to have. I could talk to him about holding a swap meet in the spring and there wouldn't be any charges to use the facility but rather a charge for each space. I am sure that if he could make some money on food and drink and split the fees for the spaces with him that he would be good with that. We could make it sort of a jeep show/swap meet. No rocks, band, ramps, or vendors. Keep it simple. If I check this out I would like any proceeds that would be made to go to the Rally. No promises but if you guys want one I can check it out. If this flies and come time to do it I would expect that spaces be paid upfront (reserved) rain or shine and if there isn't enough response it would be cancelled. Let me know if you would like to try this.
byker1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »

I have two thoughts on this:

1) Is it possible to have a Virtual swap meet right here.  If you have stuff to swap/sell post it here maybe it could expire after a certain time and the items would be restricted to Jeep only.  It would be managed by using the flagging system for innapropriate items.  It could work similar to Craigslist in that the expectation is that he buyer and seller would meet at a mutually agreeable place to exchange the item, the Jeep for would be clear hat it cannot be held accountable in any way for the tranactions they are simply providing the medium.

2) On the day of the Rally, designate an area where pictures of what you have to offer can be posted.  Perhaps even charge a minimum fee to post or include two postings in the entrance fee.  Make it clear that there is no area specified for parts exchange and that the terms of the sale are strictly between the buyer and seller.

Any thoughts?

'85 CJ-7 Stock Height, 31" Michelin ATX, Fiberglass Body w/ Stainless Steel Hardware, 1978 258 6 cyl w/ Autolite 2100 Carburetor.  Dana 300 Xfer case with T-177 4 speed Transmission, solid rear axles.
smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

i would rather keep this forum for rally business only, most club forums have a fs/wanted area.

LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »

My opinion is we should include a swap meet with the Rally next year. There are some logistical issues to work out but it would expand the appeal and be a great addition. Having a seperate swap meet during the year just draws away from this event.
jeepjunkie69
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 03:05:23 AM »

Hey guys I mentioned this a few months back.... with the car swap meets coming up and gone (lake compounce nov.9.sunday)...  theres really nothing there for us hardcore jeepers....stupid stuff at high prices...  we should do a swap and sell area... $10.00 a vender and ..bingo,   everyones happy,,   this is something that does'nt take much effort to accomplish...  but yet all who is looking for parts are excited because its all in one show...  I have some stuff I need to get rid of , but could wait until the next show "maybe"..
 Let us know    jeepjunkie69...Dano

smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »

still working out what areas we will be able to use at the fair grounds, those that where there know how tight it got. if we get access to more it will be considered.

angel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »

If you can spread people out I think a Swap Meet is ok. We have done it in conjunction with our show and never had any issues with vendors or people leaving stuff behind. Just make a clear set of rules for the Swap Vendors and require them to pre-register. If anyone is interested I can forward you our Swap Meet info.

Angel
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

Unfortunately, At this time I don't think we have the room for a swap meet. I agree it would be nice to do but with the new things we are planning there is simply not enough room for it. We will discuss it at the upcoming meeting and will update all you of the verdict.  Wink

Thank for the interest.

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »

UPDATE

We have reconsidered, and are seriously thinking about doing this on a limited basis. Stay tuned! More details will follow as we get closer.  Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: