January 16, 2018, 02:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Garden Reminders  (Read 13815 times)
gorilla_skater
Organizer

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »

At an area where the Jeeps are lined up waiting for the Rock Garden, how about some reminder signs, like put your Jeep in 4-lo and if Automatic, First Gear. Maybe even a photo of the 231 and 242 t-case levers. As I was taking pics on the rock garden, there were a few that either didn't know, or forgot to put their Jeeps in 4-lo.

Maybe other reminders like, "you must have a seat belt" (not sure what the final verdict was on that one), or "Watch and listen to your spotter"

MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:23:02 PM »

I know I was asked if I had a working seatbelt...
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »

There were a couple of rock garden problems like those. Next year maybe a rules sign (something simple) about seat belts, 4 lo, and a few other things would be a good idea.
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »

Rock Garden Idea!!!!!
Have the riders fill out a spec sheet, and have an announcer with a PA system in the Rock Garden introduce the drivers and their rigs, I can hear it now...........

"OK, Here's Joe Blow, drivin a 97 Wrangler with a 3 inch skyjacker suspension, and 32 inch BFG Mudders, and he's takin the hard line, Let's hear it for Joe....... (talking softly so Joe can hear his spotter) Joe likes soft rock music, and chick movies................. he drove all the way in from Providence................ his favorite mod is the hand-grenade gear shift knob he got at the flea market.................. his favorite color is green..................... and the one thing he would change on his rig is....pink shock boots... (in loud voice) AND HE'S OVER THE TOP, GIVE IT UP FOR JOE BLOW....NICE RUN JOE!!!!!!!! (crowds cheering)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:57:29 PM by richlost » Logged

Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »

(in loud voice) AND HE'S OVER THE TOP, GIVE IT UP FOR JOE BLOW....NICE RUN JOE!!!!!!!! (crowds cheering)

I could take a 32" tire'd Jeep over the hard line.  If I had a 32" tire'd Jeep. 

Instead of making signs, why not have the spotters greet the paticipants and make sure they're in 4-lo.  In addition, I personally don't like to use a spotter unless I need it, so perhaps we should ask them if they would like a spot.

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
mightymeglet
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

Rock Garden Idea!!!!!
Have the riders fill out a spec sheet, and have an announcer with a PA system in the Rock Garden introduce the drivers and their rigs, I can hear it now...........

"OK, Here's Joe Blow, drivin a 97 Wrangler with a 3 inch skyjacker suspension, and 32 inch BGF Mudders, and he's takin the hard line, Let's hear it for Joe....... (talking softly so Joe can hear his spotter) Joe likes soft rock music, and chick movies................. he drove all the way in from Providence................ his favorite mod is the hand-grenade gear shift knob he got at the flea market.................. his favorite color is green..................... and the one thing he would change on his rig is....pink shock boots... (in loud voice) AND HE'S OVER THE TOP, GIVE IT UP FOR JOE BLOW....NICE RUN JOE!!!!!!!! (crowds cheering)

hahaha I like that if you had a mini sound booth set up down by the garden. then the crowd would know a little about the Jeep, they could fill out the sheet while they waited in line. they first few Jeeps might not be waiting as long so they might not get as much info on the sheet and all that.
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:13:42 PM »

hahaha I like that if you had a mini sound booth set up down by the garden. then the crowd would know a little about the Jeep, they could fill out the sheet while they waited in line. they first few Jeeps might not be waiting as long so they might not get as much info on the sheet and all that.

I have a 250 watt Fender PA and will volunteer to be the rock garden host if needed, I would need an outlet or a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long extension cord, but if needed I could run it off of my voltage inverter in the Jeep.

Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »

I have a 250 watt Fender PA and will volunteer to be the rock garden host if needed, I would need an outlet or a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long extension cord, but if needed I could run it off of my voltage inverter in the Jeep.

I like the idea, If we decide to do it and if it's workable (I think it is) your hired!
I added you to the volunteer section.
I also added you Meg!

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
LJScott
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »

Scott

I have a portable generator, think 30 pound suit case that hardly makes any noise. It puts out 2,000 watts and would easily run a PA, in fact I have used it for that more than once.

Scott
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

There is power down there so that won't be an issue. Welcome to volunteer take one step forward your in kinda thing.
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »

Sounds like a plan, can't wait.

mrfreakinwhite
Lead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »

What Zaedock said about the spotters.  I rolled my windows up so I couldn't hear the spotters in 2006. 

JonFund President
Elias 4WD Center
Vishus1
Volunteer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »

Instead of making signs, why not have the spotters greet the paticipants and make sure they're in 4-lo.  In addition, I personally don't like to use a spotter unless I need it, so perhaps we should ask them if they would like a spot.
[/quote]
I agree with this sometime people just don't want a spot but when and if they get hung up you are right there to help but don't let them keep trying on their own too long before jumping in.
richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »

This is a copy of the banner that will greet riders to the Rock Garden in 2012

richlost
Organizer

Bring it.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »

|//     \\_______//      \\||_|