January 16, 2018, 06:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 feedback  (Read 11843 times)
smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »

Please give us some feedback. The rally can not improve with out it. Please tell us what was good, and what was bad (we already spoke to the food guy).

mrghostwalker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »

I liked the set up- but would have liked to see more booths and venders. I also think that next year you MUST have a mud pit along side the rock courses!
 Most importantly is advertising. I only found out about the event by accident on the internet. I would have gone the other years but I didn't even know about it! I saw no advertising at all. At least put it on 102.9- as they cover most of the state.
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 02:57:47 PM »

We did have a mud pit... Didn't we? Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

We did have a mud pit... Didn't we? Wink

LOL
What was wrong with the food guy? I had good food and there was a line but I went over right around noonish and the line seemed to move fast.
I like the new set-up...it was nice not being right on the road. It still seemed we were a little squished though and perhaps we could've used more of the surrounding area-unless you were saving the additional space for booths that didn't show. Maybe that way we wouldn't have been yelled at for following Josh's directions. JUST KIDDING!!!

Angel
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

Just a quick note about the concessions. There were more planned, like another food cart, kettle corn, ice cream and a drink cart. Most of it was scraped do to the impending rain. It costs a lot for the food guy to throw out unused food. Ask me how i know. He did bring his experienced crew and the line went moderately fast.  My experience at other events/shows is there is almost always a line at the food concessions, whether it be at the BigE or the Spencer fair, there's always lines. Ever wait for a baked potato at the Main bldg. at the Big E?  Shocked

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Next year he (food guy) said if it snows he's bringing everything.  Wink

Chris_Ryan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

I had fun.   Grin

Next year we need a Monster Vendor.  I had 2 cans with me... I swear 25 people asked me where I got it.
rk1129

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »

i agree with the more advertising. maybe try to get an add in jp magazine? this was the first time i attended and also the first i found out abaout this event. i always wanted an event like this close to where i live. so thank you for the good time my friends and ill be sure to be their next time
smileyfish
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 05:16:13 AM »

I had fun.   Grin

Next year we need a Monster Vendor.  I had 2 cans with me... I swear 25 people asked me where I got it.

we had them there last year, that's why. we can try again next year.

Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 06:02:09 AM »

Did the Swap Meet ever happen?
mrghostwalker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »

How about getting 102.9 (Big D103) or 95.1 (i95) to broadcast live from the Rally?
gibbsnjeep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:39 PM »

Yeah what happened to the swap meet idea? I brought a bunch of stuff with me but never saw an area to swap/sell/trade as I had expected.
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »

There were a couple of clubs intrested in setting the sawp meet area up but it did not happen. If a club is intrested in doing it next year we are open to setting a spot aside to do it.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

Also, fwiw, we had a registration period to reserve a spot for your stuff. Nobody registered. It was axed. Sorry.

RMTJ05

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »

I found it confusing to get to the rock pile and rti ramps.  most of the people working the rally I asked werent even sure how to get there.  also I would suggest that rather than having jeeps come down the hill into the rock area, driving right infront of the crowd, turning around, going over the rocks and going back out the way they came cause a backup maybe have them line up on the hill coming down, drive into the rock area splitting into the 3 different groups going straight over the rocks the way they came in, follow the path into the rti area and back out to the parking area (go out the same way we came in in 2008 for those who remember)  I think it would 1. keep the flow better having all vehicles going in the same direction and 2. keep the crowd happy.  When I pulled up in line waiting my turn I heard atleast 5 people say "and now theres another jeep blocking my view"  I think there would have been alot more people watching the rocks if they could all see.  just my $.02
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »

Thank you, we agree! However, we can't have them drive out the same way as 08, that would make everybody drive through the grounds. We could have opened a different gate though and made it exit only.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: