June 20, 2018, 06:06:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: parking/judging for 2009  (Read 10365 times)
Da_Vinsta

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

I think that it would be great to park all the jeeps in there class,all tj,jk,xj,cj and military,etc. This will also help the judge,s a lot and save a lot of time.The judge that judge,s there class should own the same jeep so he or she know alot from a little.
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

We can look into doing this however with such a large rush that come at once it may be hard with out causing a lot of back ups. There is an idea in the works for next years parking that may help this however. Also we would need to maintain a way for clubs to park together. As far as judging we would be happy to take any volunteers which like you said could add input to the individual classes.

Again thank you for your suggestions.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »

I think that it would be great to park all the jeeps in there class,all tj,jk,xj,cj and military,etc. This will also help the judge,s a lot and save a lot of time.The judge that judge,s there class should own the same jeep so he or she know alot from a little.

Thank you for posting up some ideas.  Judging the vehicles doesn't take too much time, so we probably wouldn't benefit from grouping vehicles by model.   Also, I had a couple of possibilities for best off road; one was an XJ, a CJ, and a TJ, so having them "mixed up" actually makes it easier and IMO, more fair.  In addition, a single vehicle may fit into more than one category. 

Judging is actually pretty easy as I have a good knowledge base of all Jeeps, from the early Bantam, Ford, & Willys up to the latest Patriot, Grand Cherokee, and J8 Mil-spec Wrangler.  Jeeps are my life.

Tossing out my own suggestion; if we are going to add judges, I think the Rally committee should meet to choose them and then ask them.  While I do appreciate ALL volunteers, some may not have the knowledge base to make a determination.  This can be especially needed for the "Best Off Road"(identifying mods, like non-Jeep axles and custom 4 link suspensions), "Antique" (period correct accessories and quality of restoration), and most importantly "Best of Show". 

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
bryn
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »

Judging the vehicles doesn't take too much time, so we probably wouldn't benefit from grouping vehicles by model.

I think it just looks neat as a spectator to see all the military together, all the clubs together etc. Especially if shopping for a new club, you can get an idea of what type of junk they ride and see if they fit with what you had in mind when deciding to join one.
jeepjunkie69
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »

I agree..   I also think it would be cool to see models together.

Zaedock
Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »

Judging the vehicles doesn't take too much time, so we probably wouldn't benefit from grouping vehicles by model.

I think it just looks neat as a spectator to see all the military together, all the clubs together etc. Especially if shopping for a new club, you can get an idea of what type of junk they ride and see if they fit with what you had in mind when deciding to join one.
That is certainly an option, in fact, that's what we always do with Antique and Military.  I see no need to try splitting folks up by "Off Road" or "Street".  Many vehicles may fit into multiple categories.  I think the original poster was thinking along the lines of grouping all XJ's, YJ's and TJ's in certain areas (by model).  That, IMO, would be too difficult and might even detract from the event.  Mixing it up adds to the variety.

As far as club areas go, next year perhaps we should approach the clubs in advance and map everything out.  The only issue with that, will be space availability (unless we use the remaining portion of hotel fairgrounds).

'92 YJ 2.5L/SM420/NP231HD
7" lift, 38" Mickey Thompson Claws, Full Cage, Front Stinger, 8000 lb winch
jeepjunkie69
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

Question for the organizers ...     Do you have access to all the fair grounds ??   I only ask because it seemed that there was no room behind or next to each vehicle to set up folding chairs or a small table to be able to sit around your vehicle and talk with friends or to have lunch on ...  It was hot this year and a small umbrella would have been great.
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »

Question for the organizers ...     Do you have access to all the fair grounds ??   I only ask because it seemed that there was no room behind or next to each vehicle to set up folding chairs or a small table to be able to sit around your vehicle and talk with friends or to have lunch on ...  It was hot this year and a small umbrella would have been great.

Yes and No. This is something that is being worked on for next year.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
jeepjunkie69
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 10:44:56 AM »

Schwalby,    that sounds great,  just want to say "AWESOME JOB" to all ..  it was great,  and all the years that i've been dealing with my wife about spending money on my jeep and her saying its a waste of money....  she went this year and now shes shopping craigslist for a CJ5 !!!   SHES CONVERTED  !!!   down side, my budget for my new upgrades ..has been cut in half
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

The area on the left as you came in was kinda off limits, however it is already in the works to open up. We caught the attention of a few of the fair BOD's with this rally and there are some changes already in the works for next year. Angie (the BOD member responsible for the grounds) was very impressed this year that we were able to efficiently handle so many Jeeps all at once. I am also working on a different area for the rocks with more bleachers. I will post up as new developments with the fair grounds come along. I am also looking for some more BIGGER rocks to bring in. If we get that area to the left open it will immensely improve parking and in and out access to the rocks and ramps.
MasterDrazhar

No matter where you go, There you are.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

Were they at the rally?  I never got a chance to actually MEET Angie.
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »

Yes, Angie her husband and 4 others came through. No matter what goes on there they keep a real close eye on that place.
mightymeglet
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

I think people would rather park with their friends/club than with Jeeps like theirs, I do like the idea of the military all together (I think you did that in 06)  I know a lot of people that planned out and drove in with friends to park together and that seemed to work.
I have two Jeeps, a CJ7 and a TJ and if i ever have both running at the same time I personally would rather have them together than one at one end and walk miles to get from one to the other. I also know TJ owners who have their wives bring their Grand Cherokees and pack those with chair, food, ect. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: