June 24, 2018, 11:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Feedback  (Read 22785 times)
skibum
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:40 PM »

We had a great time!  Hats off to the organizers for a great event.  That said, we do have a few comments....

1)  The DJ was a little annoying (trying to be PC here) and we heard similar comments from a lot of people in the audience.

2)  The Rally is in desperate need of a Jeep swap meet.

3)  Categories for the Show and Shine were odd.  90% of the Jeeps in the parking lot were competing for one trophy.  The full size winner was competing against himself (apparently he won last year too).  The Military winner also had very little competition.  How about Best Antique, Best Military, Best Beater, Best Mall Crawler, Best CJ, Best YJ, Best TJ, Best JK, Best Cherokee or GC, and finally Best in Show?

4)  Echo what everybody else said regarding the rock crawl.........too many participants with exaggerated ideas of what they and their rigs were capable of.

5)  Short trail ride (similar to Topless Day) would add hugely to the Rally.

Just my .02.  Take it for what it's worth.  Smiley
mrfreakinwhite
Lead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

Helicopter further from antique parking.
We were lucky for the previous rain to minimize dust this year.

Thanks to everyone that worked hard to put this together.

JonFund President
Elias 4WD Center
90XJay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »

was nice to see alot of vendors this year.  my only complaint was the obvious one with the garden and it was mostly an issue bc people over estimated what their rigs could do.  Was real neat that last year even had the obstacle course for stockers and the differant rock gardens for classes.

90 xj
33's n stuff
NelsonATC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 05:22:12 PM »

No rally t-shirt?
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

Last year ATJ helped us a lot with the t-shirts and they didn't do well at all with them. We didn't ask if they would do it again because of that reason. Next year is the 10th anniversary so we will have t-shirts one way or another. We are working on a few other methods to produce them with out have the quality suffer but reduce the costs on making them.

Edit: I don't want it to sound like ATJ did a bad job or the quality was bad it was that no where near enough people bought shirts in order to make selling them worth while.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
DOUG
SEMA Special Envoy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

Keep in mind this was my first GAJR since it left Mass.

Helicopter was awesome!!
 Club booths were lacking, as someone said, even unmanned.
Announcements could not be heard throughout the fairgrounds.
Signs along the roads leading to the fairgrounds. Even off the highway at the exit.
Possible to get more big name vendors? (Quadratec, 4WD Hardware, etc...)
Golf carts, or quads for those needing quick transportation throughout the fairgrounds.
Food was OK, typical fair fare. (had worse, certainly have had better)
Raffles would run smoother if drawn throughout the day, have the results board out in front of the tent, less crowded in the tent that way.
I've heard mention of a swap meet/flea market area for next year. I'll jump on the commitee for that. (if it happens)
I was thinking, when parking Jeeps, wouldn't it be cool if we parked all CJs together, all TJs together, etc? Logistically impossible, but it would be cool. Cool

Baystate Jeepers
DWE

82 CJ-8
mightymeglet
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »

I don't think Quadratec and 4WD want to travel, we can try to let them know we are growing and next year is going to be the 10th year.

The parking thing would be great to have TJ's together and CJ's and YJ's ect. but people like you(Doug CJ8) and Kelly(TJ) might want to park together, or different clubs want to park together. That's why it was done the way it was this year, that if you showed up together you'd be able to park together.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:40:09 AM by schwalby » Logged
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:50 AM »

4WD hardware sponsors the rally, they sent us a winch to raffle off.  Also, we would rather promote the local vendors on the local level while at the same time promoting the national guys through the raffles and in the program.

A couple people have mentioned club booths and their makeup. We give clubs a spot, electric if they need it. It's up to them how many people man it or what type of recruiting tactics they use. If they want to park a rig there and put some fliers on it, that's their choice. Many times the clubs active members are volunteering for the Rally, this equals an empty booth. Again, their choice. We appreciate their helping the Rally.

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »

Any links to pictures??
smokinsilverrt
Organizer

famous last words watch this.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

this was my first rally this year it was a good setup.as a voulenteer i can tell you the rti ramp and rock crawl area got crazy.if there was any way to seperate the 2 attractions that would aleviate some major traffic.as for the rock pile i was a spotter and let me tell you some of the issues of people getting stuck were purely the drivers issue for not listening and not being accurate of what they have in the rig.the pile was nice but a lil bit extreme for most jeeps there.most of the people were good nice and listened and some were arrogant knew everything and didnt wanna listen to the many experienced spotters and ended up getting stuck, but i think it was a great day

member of deepwoods extreme and summit crawlers. im that guy
schwalby
Chairmen
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »

As always thank you for the feedback.

I know we would love to separate the rock crawl and RTI area but unfortunately we are really limited for space that we are allowed to use. We could move the RTI area further back towards the red barn but that would separate it from the rest of the event. It also can get fairly wet over there so that would be a last minute move the day before the Rally.

Glad to hear you had fun though. I am going to guess you are with Jon Fund so if you want to help again be sure to get in touch with Mike and let him know. If you are not with Jon Fund send an email to Evelyn at eve @ jeeprally.org, she is organizing all volunteers this year.

Bay State Jeepers - 03 TJ
smokinsilverrt
Organizer

famous last words watch this.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »

im tim with deepwoods and summit.scott d recruited me

member of deepwoods extreme and summit crawlers. im that guy
DOUG
SEMA Special Envoy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »