June 24, 2018, 07:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping?  (Read 6545 times)
LesterM

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »

I noticed there was a big field, just past the rock garden, I would have loved to arrive on Saturday night and camped in a tent. No fires or anything but a few tents would have been killer, plus I work for REI and I would love to have had a booth selling Yakima/Thule stuff. 
bryn
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »

Camping is an interesting option to consider, but may be tricky considering that it may conflict with our setup. Good suggestion though.

We always appreciate having more vendors or sponsors. Should we add you to the list of people to contact for the next rally?
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »

Camping on the grounds is probably not an option except for the few that are there the day of setup helping to setup and working the next day (very limited amount t of people). Couple of things, one the fair grounds wouldn't allow the camping because of liability, how would you control the amount of campers, if the fair allowed it the rental of the grounds would become a 2 day thing, plus it would require leaving a lot of the lighting on (another cost). Space is already limited and with some of the next Rally's plans the parking and rock garden will be expanding.
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »

Not mention all the Coyote's I heard all night long. I thought it was cool but others may not think so. They didn't sound very far away.
Camping usually involves drinking, another potential issue, not everyone can control themselves.  Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »

Having Mark Dupont camping is enough of a liability.  Grin Grin

I'm glad I stayed in a hotel now that you mention the coyotes....

Angel
mightymeglet
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »

I did not hear the coyotes, but I did hear Mark Dupont asking for a story a few times.
Da_Vinsta

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 06:07:57 PM »

MUD BOG anybody? Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: