May 22, 2018, 11:04:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Find us on Facebook and Twitter!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 GAJR Date?  (Read 16005 times)
TexsDream77

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »

Is there a date for this event yet?

2008 JK Unlimited, 4" Superlift, Garvin Roof Rack, Rugged Ridge front bumper, Smittybilt 8000lbs winch, 33x12.5 Pro Comp X-Terrians on 16x8 Craggar 397's,  Home made Exhaust mod.
vikinghd
Chairmen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:22:26 PM »

no, soon though
Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

Well the announcement is up and 10/3/2010 is a whole week later then previous events. It should have been earlier in the year if possible. Because the eweather becomes more unpredicitable as it gets in later fall

Me no likey.....
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

There are issues with an earlier date.

It would be before the actual fair, we'd need to be real careful not to do ANY damage to the grounds.
Also, other scheduled events at the fairgrounds.
It would conflict with other wheeling events around the northeast.
Some will still complain about the heat.  Roll Eyes

The weather in the NE (as you know) is always a toss up. It is what it is and we make the best of it.  Wink

Basic Supervision: Plan, Organize, Direct and Control!
mrfreakinwhite
Lead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:42 AM »

Jeeps and jeepers can handle the weather.

JonFund President
Elias 4WD Center
Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »

Well you say that, it's all well and good and it makes you feel better to say that. It's like people who own Jeeps are impervious to weather ummmm......... no. Not true.

And  I belive this years event attendance was off by 100 or so paid attendees?
I've been to alot of vehicle shows whether it be Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Daytona 500, Indianapolis, Summernationals, Winternationals and others, and I can tell you I have  a much better time when the suns out and its 65 degrees with clear skies verses this years Jeeprally with rain runnin down my buttcrack.......

Jeeps and jeepers can handle the weather.
mrfreakinwhite
Lead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »

I was just being supportive of their decision which I'm sure is based on a lot of different factors.  I'm sorry.

JonFund President
Elias 4WD Center
Chris_Ryan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »

Eh... I would prefer 70* with a nice calm ocean breeze, but oh well...  Grin

I'll be there either way.  To early to volunteer again?
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »

I'll start the list Chris.  Wink
Your usual accommodations?  Tongue

Blown7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »

I was just being supportive of their decision which I'm sure is based on a lot of different factors.  I'm sorry.

No need to be sorry, but from what I've heard the decision to decide that date was based mostly on vendor participation.
IMHO vendor participation should not be the deciding factor in any decision for an event. Unless they are footing the bill then it's "I pay the cost to be the boss"

I myself wasn't overwhelmed by this years vendors displays.
Scott Daigle
GAJR Treasurer
Organizer
Rally NUT!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »

I wasn't going to comment any further on this but...

Vendor participation is a giant part of our pre Rally budget. If it wasn't for the vendors and their generous donations there wouldn't be a Rally.
There wouldn't be tires to raffle off or anything else for that matter. We don't buy a single raffle item, it all comes from the vendors.
Let's not forget the Rally's mission.
It's for charity! We run a small tight budget, it's not the summer nationals at Epping.

Thanks for your concern regarding the weather, we'll be fine and the Rally will continue to be a success even if it snows. Wink

Chris_Ryan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 11:00:23 AM »

Your usual accommodations?  Tongue

Absolutely   Grin
TexsDream77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »

It would be before the actual fair, we'd need to be real careful not to do ANY damage to the grounds.

The weather in the NE (as you know) is always a toss up. It is what it is and we make the best of it.  Wink

It confilicts with the largest Jeep event in New England on this Date.  Jeep Jamboree Bethel, ME is always on this weekend you have chosen.  Offically the Jamboree is over on the 2cd with the 3rd being a fix & travel day.  But, I know most of the 100+ Jeeps from Bethel won't make it to the Rally.

2008 JK Unlimited, 4" Superlift, Garvin Roof Rack, Rugged Ridge front bumper, Smittybilt 8000lbs winch, 33x12.5 Pro Comp X-Terrians on 16x8 Craggar 397's,  Home made Exhaust mod.
mrfreakinwhite
Lead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 07:25:29 AM »

It confilicts with the largest Jeep event in New England on this Date.  Jeep Jamboree Bethel, ME is always on this weekend you have chosen.  Offically the Jamboree is over on the 2cd with the 3rd being a fix & travel day.  But, I know most of the 100+ Jeeps from Bethel won't make it to the Rally.
Uh-oh!  I definitely planned on doing Maine this year in my own rig.  Sad

JonFund President
Elias 4WD Center
TexsDream77

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »

I don't trailer... and usually have to fix something before the journey home.  I guess... I could possibly fix the heap the night before... but, that's a lot of pressure.  And I really don't want to miss the leasurly drive home through the mountains.  I'm going to have my 5 year old with me, and that would make for a rediculous amount of driving.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: